LOCATION: Brandywine Valley Baptist Church in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
HOURS: Part-Time. Hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily, 3-4 days/week
PURPOSE: To articulate and implement the mission of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church: to introduce people to Jesus Christ and help them to follow Him. Followers of Christ seek to KNOW Him, GROW in Him, and GO into the world with Him.
- Baptized, follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Emphatically aligns with Brandywine Valley Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and has a strong track record of local church involvement
- Aligns with and supports the vision of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
- A member of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church or will become a member on acceptance of this position
- A worshipper with a proven track record of a vibrant, authentic and consistent personal walk with and worship of the Lord
- Passion for seeking excellence in ministry
- Exercises spiritual disciplines
- Promotes an attitude providing for a collaborative, team-driven environment
- A problem-solver
- An effective communicator
- Comfortable interpersonal skills; able to engage and speak with congregants
- Maintains an appropriate level of confidentiality
- Warm, compassionate manner in personal contacts with staff, congregation, and visitors in person and on the phone.
- Detailed and organized, adaptable and able to learn, able to communicate clearly, self-motivated, flexible, and maintain strict confidentiality about church details both in and out of the office.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Publisher, and possibly Photoshop. Willing to learn new computer software programs.
- Facilitate communications between the ministry head, other ministry staff, ministry volunteers and the congregation.
- Provide and replenish promotional materials for ministry events.
- Assist the ministry team with event planning, coordinate mailings, event registrations, and assist with event check-ins as needed.
- Coordinate the collection of ministry attendance data where required, and maintain the database as required for assigned ministries.
- Greet and assist office guests as needed, answer incoming phone calls.
- Reports to the Executive Pastor
- Provides administrative support for assigned ministry heads and other ministry staff.
- Coordinates ministry activities with volunteers.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Send resume and cover letter to Todd Johnson.