Assistant Preschool Teacher
LOCATION: Brandywine Valley Christian Preschool (BVCP) in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
HOURS: Part-Time, Tuesday and Thursday (8:30am-1:45pm)
Brandywine Valley Christian Preschool is seeking a qualified early childhood assistant for in our half-day program.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to…
- Arrange a warm and welcoming classroom environment in accordance with program goals and philosophy.
- Interact and engage with students in a positive and supportive manner.
- Support and facilitate developmentally appropriate activities and learning experiences.
- Work cooperatively with teachers and staff in/out of the classroom.
- Assist with documenting student development and progress.
- Complies with contract and state guidelines set forth by the DE Office of Child Care and Licensing.
- A person who has an intimate relationship with Christ and who is consistently attending a Bible believing church.
- A minimum of 6 credits (assistant) in Early Childhood Education or child development, or has completed Training for Early Childhood Education 1 (TECE 1 and 2) or CDA Gold Standard Comprehensive certification.
- Teaching experience with a current DEEDS Early Learning Certificate Delaware First Professional Development System Certificate (DE Dept of Ed). **If a certificate is not currently held, all needed paperwork must be submitted to DEES within 60 days of hire.**
- Ability to meet all the conditions as set forth by the state of Delaware.
- Agrees with, and is willing to work in compliance with Brandywine Valley Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and Marriage policy.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- CPR/First Aid, “Administration of Medication”, “Health and Safety Training for Child Care Professionals” trained.
- Fingerprinting before employment begins at BVCP.
- Comprehensive background checks are to be completed.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Send resume and cover letter to Kerri Wodzinski.