AWANA CLOSING CEREMONY
Wednesday, May 26 at 6:30 p.m. at BVBC and online on our website or Facebook. Friends and family are invited as we celebrate what God has done in our Awana Clubs this year! Clubbers who have completed at least one handbook this year will receive a special award. All other clubbers will receive a participation certificate. All clubbers should wear their uniform for this special event. Please make sure that vests are buttoned before walking up to the stage.
2021-2022 Awana registration will open in late July 2021.
Awana is a fun club with the goal of making RESILIENT disciples through learning God’s Word. We believe that building RELATIONSHIPS is key to making resilient disciples. Awana Clubs provide an environment where kids can memorize and understand scripture, be encouraged by awesome leaders, and participate in large group lessons and engaging games and activities.
Our Awana year runs from September through May. This year, we will be offering both “In-Person Awana” in the building AND “At-Home Awana” in your house. In-person spots are full for all clubs. Registration for In-Person Awana closed on September 9, 2020.
Awana is open to children ages 3 (must be 3 by 8/31) through 5th grade. Our program consists of three groups:
|Cubbies – Children age 3 through Preschool
Check out the Awana Cubbies videos for At-Home Awana
|Sparks – Children in Kindergarten through 2nd grade|
|T&T – Children in 3rd through 5th grade|
- Wednesdays 6:30-8:0 p.m.
- In the building at Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
- Loving Awana leaders to guide you
- Recite handbook sections/Bible verses to your leader
- Begins on September 16, 2020 (Parent Meeting on September 9 via Zoom)
- Concludes on May 26, 2021 with the Awana Award Ceremony
- Awana does not meet on the following dates due to holidays: November 25, December 16, December 23, December 30, March 31 and April 7.
- Handbook Time, Large Group, Activity &/or Game Time
- You’ll receive a uniform, handbook, and lots of awards!
- Theme nights – some dress up nights (crazy hat) or service projects (canned goods), etc. Download the theme nights calendar.
- Any day of the week
- At your house
- Your own parents to guide you
- Recite handbook sections/Bible verses to your parents
- Phone and email encouragement from an Awana leader
- Begin around September 16, 2020 (Parent Meeting on September 9 via Zoom)
- Join us in the building for the Awana Award Ceremony on May 26, 2021
- Independent Handbook Time, optional video lessons, leader support
- Join the posted theme nights and share your pictures on Facebook!
- Cubbies – Check out the Awana Cubbies videos
- Sparks – Check out the video lessons and online resources
- T&T – Check out the video lessons and online resources
For more information about the Awana program, visit www.awana.org.