2021-2022 Awana registration is OPEN!
Awana is a fun club with the goal of making RESILIENT disciples through learning God’s Word. We believe that building RELATIONSHIPS is key to making resilient disciples. Awana Clubs provide an environment where kids:
- Memorize and understand scripture
- Are encouraged by awesome leaders
- Participate in large group lessons
- Enjoy engaging games and activities
Our Awana year runs from September 8, 2021 through May 25, 2022. This year, we will be offering both “In-Person Awana” in the church building AND “At-Home Awana” in your house.
In-Person Awana is currently sold out. There are limited openings for In-Person Awana but At-Home Awana is unlimited. There is a wait list for In-Person Awana. Please complete the registration form and select At-Home Awana. Beginning the year with At-Home Awana will provide a good start on the handbook and your child will be right on track if an In-Person spot opens up.
If you desire to be moved to In-Person Awana when a spot becomes available, answer “yes” to the “wait list” question on the registration form.
Monthly, we are evaluating whether more spots can be opened for In-Person Awana. If you would like to volunteer at Awana and help open more spots for children, click to learn more or register to volunteer.
Awana is open to children ages 3 (must be 3 by 8/31) through 5th grade. Our program consists of three groups:
|Cubbies – Children age 3 through Preschool|
|Sparks – Children in Kindergarten through 2nd grade|
|T&T – Children in 3rd through 5th grade|
In addition to the Awana book each child receives, Awana offers additional resources to enhance the child’s book experience. You can download audio files of the memory verses and/or the story from book. Go to the Awana website, then select the book your child is using and download an MP3 or MP4 file. The Awana book provides instructions of when an audio file is available to enhance your child’s experience. For example: Listen to track 25 to find out what happens.
- Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- In the building at Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
- Loving Awana leaders to guide you
- Recite handbook sections/Bible verses to your leader
- Begins on September 8, 2021 (Parent Meeting – September 8, come with your child to Awana)
- Concludes on May 25, 2022 with the Awana Award Ceremony
- Awana does not meet on the following dates due to holidays: November 24, December 15, December 22, December 29, April 13, 2022 and April 20, 2022.
- Handbook Time, Large Group, Activity &/or Game Time
- You’ll receive a uniform, handbook, and lots of awards!
- Theme nights – dress up nights (crazy hair) or service projects (canned goods), etc. Download the Theme Calendar.
- Any day of the week
- At your house
- Your own parents to guide you
- Recite handbook sections/Bible verses to your parents
- Phone and email encouragement from an Awana leader
- Begin around September 8, 2021
- Join us in the building for the Awana Award Ceremony on May 25, 2022
- Independent Handbook Time, optional video lessons, leader support
- Join the posted theme nights and share your pictures on Facebook! Download the Theme Calendar.
- Cubbies – Check out the Awana Cubbies videos (videos will be available in fall 2022)
- Sparks – Check out the video lessons and online resources (videos will be available in fall 2022)
- T&T – Check out the video lessons and online resources (videos will be available in fall 2022)
For more information about the Awana program, visit www.awanaplus.com.