Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Status: Part time (up to 10 hours/week)
Purpose: To keep children safe while parents are attending a church event by coordinating staff and room usage and ensuring that all church policies are properly observed.
- Baptized, follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Emphatically aligns with Brandywine Valley Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and has a strong track record of local church involvement
- Aligns with and supports the vision of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
- Must be regularly attending a church (BVBC or other).
- A worshipper with a proven track record of a vibrant, authentic and consistent personal walk with and worship of the Lord
- Passion for seeking excellence in ministry
- Exercises spiritual disciplines
- Promotes an attitude providing for a collaborative, team-driven environment
- A problem-solver
- An effective communicator
- Comfortable interpersonal skills; able to engage and speak with congregants
- Maintains an appropriate level of confidentiality
- High School diploma and some experience working with children.
- CPR & First Aide certified or will become certified.
- Good organization and communication skills and an ability to work well with people.
- An ability to view all work within the church in a ministry context.
- Availability to work up to 10 hours a week at flexible times.
- Work with church event leaders to provide appropriate staff for events requiring childcare (including but not limited to small groups, English Classes, Financial Peace University, concerts, congregational meetings, re|engage, training meetings, conferences/seminars).
- Work closely with the Nursery Coordinator to assess supply, equipment, or cleaning needs.
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry to provide training for all childcare workers.
- Supervise the childcare workers to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed.
- Clean and sanitize nursery rooms & toys after events.
- Reports to the Director of Children’s Ministry
- Works closely with the Ministry Leadership Team
- Develops personal relationships and works with all support staff
If interested in applying for this position, please email a resume to Kristi Pullig at [email protected].