Connections Ministry Assistant
Location: Brandywine Valley Baptist Church in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Purpose:To articulate and implement the mission of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church: to introduce people to Jesus Christ and help them to follow Him. Followers of Christ seek to KNOW Him, GROW in Him, and GO into the world with Him.
- Baptized, follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Emphatically aligns with Brandywine Valley Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and has a strong track record of local church involvement
- Aligns with and supports the vision of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
- A member of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church or will become a member on acceptance of this position
- A worshipper with a proven track record of a vibrant, authentic and consistent personal walk with and worship of the Lord
- Passion for seeking excellence in ministry
- Exercises spiritual disciplines
- Promotes an attitude providing for a collaborative, team-driven environment
- A problem-solver
- An effective communicator
- Comfortable interpersonal skills; able to engage and speak with congregants
- Maintains an appropriate level of confidentiality
- A leader with the ability to develop systems and processes as needed with an organized, detail oriented mindset
- Able to train, empower and shepherd a team of leaders
- Able to work with others in a team environment
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, fun environment
- Connect people by maintaining a process of assimilation. Connecting people into small groups, other ministries, classes, etc.
- Oversee follow up process of visitors (i.e. communication cards, emails, calls).
- Track and connect people from their first time as a guest through membership.
- Continue to develop the first impression experience for guests. Develop a path for newcomers that welcome them from the parking lot to the pew.
- Identify and train volunteers, including ongoing communication and relationships with team leaders, and developing new leaders.
- Oversee the connections process on Sunday mornings.
- Learn and optimize usage of the database, MyBrandywine (Church Community Builder) to ensure the process of assimilation.
- Reports to the Discipleship Pastor
- Works closely with the Ministry Leadership Team
- Develops personal relationships and works with all support staff
Hours: This position is 25 hours per week.
Apply for this position: Send resumes to Todd Johnson.