Join us Easter Week to discover the answer. Brandywine Valley Baptist Church will be celebrating Easter with these events. All events, except Good Friday, take place at Brandywine Valley Baptist Church. Get directions.
Tennebrae / Holy Thursday Service, March 24, 7 p.m.
This is a service of reflection on the death of Jesus through the Lord’s Supper, Scripture and music, led by Jubilate Deo. Childcare will be provided for those 2nd grade and younger.
Student Prayer Night, Thursday, March 24, 7 p.m.
All students in 6-12th grades are invited to attend the Student Prayer Night. It begins with attending the Tennebrae Service and continues with a night of prayer including worship, creative prayer times, and the foot washing ceremony for our seniors. The evening concludes at midnight.
Good Friday Gatherings, Friday, March 25
Jesus spent his final hours before his arrest and trial sharing a meal with the disciples. This reveals the value Jesus placed on relationships. This truth has inspired our church community to carve out time for relationships. Instead of attending another service this Good Friday, we invite you to spend your time building and investing in relationships.
In following Jesus’ example, we are encouraging you to spend your Good Friday sharing a meal, a devotional and meaningful conversation with others. Just follow these four action steps:
- Plan to host in your home or attend a Good Friday gathering. Make it fit with your preference- Barbecue, lunch, dinner, dessert, etc.
- Invite people you are investing in or want to get to know better. This could be your neighbors, small group, community group, family, coworkers, etc. Don’t be afraid to mix your circles and use this as an evangelistic opportunity!
- Gather to watch a brief online video devotional reflecting on Good Friday by Pastor Nate.
- Use the conversation points to guide the discussion and see where the Spirit takes you!
The video and conversation points are below.
Easter Sunday, March 27, 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Join us to celebrate Easter and discover the answer to “What if it’s true?” All three services feature identical music and sermons from senior pastor Nate Keeler. Child care will be provided for those age 4 and under at the 9:30 & 11 a.m. services. There are NO student or adult Christian education classes.
Good Friday Devotional
Good Friday Conversation Points
- What is a trial or challenge you had to endure? Did you have a “joy set before you” that helped you endure? If so, what was it?
- Read the passion narrative from one of the four Gospels. What is one thing that personally impacts you about how Jesus responded and endured the suffering?
- How do the images of being the “bride” and “joy” of Christ impact your understanding God’s disposition toward you and relationship with you?