LOCATION: Brandywine Valley Baptist Church in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
PURPOSE:To oversee the custodial staff and insure cleanliness and upkeep of the church facility consistent with the mission of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church: to introduce people to Jesus Christ and help them to follow Him. Followers of Christ seek to KNOW Him, GROW in Him, and GO into the world with Him.
- Ability to be flexible, self-directed, with previous housekeeping or custodial experience desired
- Ability to supervise janitorial and maintenance staff and activities in the church, and display initiative
- Demonstrated knowledge of cleaning processes, cleaning equipment, maintenance areas, including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing and lighting
- Attention to detail and follow through on assignments and deadlines
- Ability to work with a diverse population of people and needs
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of church ministries, and a pleasant personality, being flexible and tolerant of interruptions
- Understand and exercise appropriate confidentiality of church related business and personnel matters and exercise good judgement in performance of duties
- Dependable attendance
- Baptized, follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Emphatically aligns with Brandywine Valley Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and has a strong track record of local church involvement
- Aligns with and supports the vision of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
- A member of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church or will become a member on acceptance of this position
- A worshipper with a proven track record of a vibrant, authentic and consistent personal walk with and worship of the Lord
- Passion for seeking excellence in ministry
- Exercises spiritual disciplines
- Promotes an attitude providing for a collaborative, team-driven environment
- A problem-solver
- An effective communicator
- Comfortable interpersonal skills; able to engage and speak with congregants
- Able to articulate and implement the mission of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
- Manages facility and church property use.
- Staff liaison with the Property Committee to oversee the church’s facility and property
- Works with program/ministry leaders in coordinating facilities usage in support of work and meeting needs (set up and take down of church facilities for classes and meetings), physical resources (i.e. equipment), and managing access to the building.
- Manages and leads the Custodian Team: to include but not limited to hiring, coaching, training, and distribution of duties.
- Works with volunteers to see projects are coordinated.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks as needed.
- Enhance the building through maintenance and upgrades as assigned.
- Works alongside of Business Manager in selecting outside contractors and vendors in the planning of projects, acquisition of proposals and oversight of work performed. As assigned, negotiates cost and scheduling needs with contractors when maintenance and repair services are needed.
- Attends building-related meetings regarding policies, needed repairs, significant projects, and events.
- Keep the building secure, clean, attractive, and well-maintained inside and out, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, clean and sanitize restrooms, vacuuming, buffing, stripping, spot clean carpet, and dusting.
- Other reports as directed.
- Reports to the Executive Pastor
- Works closely with Lead Pastor and Ministry Leadership Team
- Manages Community Outreach/Small Groups Administrative Assistant
- Oversees leaders and volunteer teams
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
To apply for this position, send resume to: Executive Pastor Todd Johnson at [email protected]