The 2021 Sunday Breakfast Mission‘s annual Thanksgiving Food Drive is happening! Their goal is to distribute 2,000 food boxes to struggling families in Wilmington.
There are three ways you can contribute to the food drive:
- Drop off food in the church Lobby from Thursday, October 21 through Sunday, November 7.
- Purchase food online and ship directly to the Sunday Breakfast Mission at 110 N Poplar Street, Wilmington, DE 19801 Attn: Food Drive.
- In addition to Amazon deliveries, at least two other food stores in Wilmington offer online ordering and delivery to the 19801 zip code: ShopRite of Christiana Crossings (501 South Walnut Street, 19801) and ALDI (2205 Farrand Drive, 19808). Check your favorite store to see if they deliver to 19801.
In addition to donating food, there are also opportunities to serve at the Sunday Breakfast Mission in support of this project. Register online to serve by Monday, November 15. All of these service opportunities occur at the Sunday Breakfast Mission at 110 Poplar St, Wilmington, DE. Please note, the service opportunities have changed over time as the method of food box distribution has been altered due to Covid-19. Ways to serve:
- Pack Food Boxes, Saturday, Nov. 13, 1-3 p.m.
- Pack Food Boxes, Saturday, Nov. 20, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Training for Gospel sharing (required for those performing this function) on Thurs., Nov 18, 6-8 p.m.
- Food box distribution on Mon., Nov. 22 @ 8 a.m.-12 p.m. or 12-4 p.m.
- Food box distribution on Tues., Nov. 23 @ 8 a.m.-12 p.m. or 12-4 p.m.
- Gospel sharing and praying on Mon., Nov. 22 @ 8 a.m.-12 p.m. or 12-4 p.m.
- Gospel sharing and praying on Tues., Nov. 23 @ 8 a.m.-12 p.m. or 12-4 p.m.
- Setup Thanksgiving Banquet on Thurs., Nov. 25 @ 10-11 a.m.
- Serve Thanksgiving Banquet on Thurs., Nov. 25 @ 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Cleanup Thanksgiving Banquet on Thurs., Nov. 25 @1-2 p.m.
Food box distributers will be on their feet the entire time helping to load the food boxes into vehicles or wagons.
If you have questions about the service opportunities, please email Herb Schrock.
RECOMMENDED NON-PERISHABLE FOOD:
Canned Cranberry Sauce
Canned Fruit (no single serving containers)
Canned Meats (tuna, chicken, ham, etc.)
Canned Sweet Potatoes
Gravy, Canned or Package
Mac and Cheese
Pasta, Various Types
Spaghetti Sauce in Plastic Jars