As of July 30, 2019, This position has been filled.
We are looking for a one to two year, full-time Future Leader Intern to work with our student ministry team. Brandywine Valley Baptist Church is a church with around 1200 regularly involved people; located in Wilmington, Delaware between Washington DC, Philadelphia, and New York. The Future Leader Intern position works under the youth pastor, in a team that includes a full time youth ministry assistant, part-time administrative assistant and about thirty volunteers.
As the Future Leader Intern, you would build experience teaching, leading a small group of students, leading mission trips (for example, this year we are sending teams to Belize, Bolivia, and two teams to Kentucky), hosting conferences and concerts, all nighters, and more. The ideal candidate is someone graduating this year with a youth ministry or ministry related degree, able to lead worship, looking to build experience and grow in leadership in a ministry that will give lots of opportunities to do so! Our youth pastor, Matthew McNutt, has been at BVBC for almost eleven years; and a youth pastor for 18 years total. Under his leadership, the team is given room to grow, make mistakes, and become stronger leaders. He is a firm believer in sharing the spotlight and giving others the opportunity to grow as teachers, leaders, speakers, etc.
- One year, with (ideally) a potential second year, starting June 1st, 2019
- $20,000 annual stipend (paid biweekly)
- Housing provided (host home)
- The Future Leader Intern will also be taken to the Youth Specialties NYWC conference, be given a full membership to the YMCA next door to our church, as well as free lunches at Five Guys when Matthew is craving one of their awesome burgers.
- Experienced worship leader, able to mentor students in leading worship.
- Ability to lead and teach students in large and small group settings.
- Ability to organize projects and events.
- Experience in student ministry, either as a volunteer or a paid staff member.
- Assist in planning, training and spiritual leadership of mission trips.
- Reports to Student Ministry Pastor
Apply for this position: Send the following to Matthew McNutt
- Cover letter
- Video of applicant leading worship (cell phone video is fine)