Future Leader Intern
We are looking for a one to two year, full-time intern to work with our student ministry team! Brandywine Valley Church is a church with around 1,200 regularly involved people; located in between Washington D.C., Philadelphia and New York. The position works under the youth pastor, in a team that includes a full-time youth ministry assistant, part-time administrative assistant, and about 30 volunteers.
As the intern, you would build experience teaching, leading a small group of students, leading mission trips (this year we are sending teams to Alaska, Massachusetts and Rhode Island), hosting conferences and concerts, special events and more. The ideal candidate is someone graduating this year with a youth ministry or ministry related degree, looking to build experience and grow in leadership in a ministry that will give lots of opportunities to do so! Our youth pastor, Matthew McNutt, has been at Brandywine for 15 years; and a youth pastor for 22 years total. Under his leadership, the team is given room to grow, make mistakes and become stronger leaders. He is a firm believer in sharing the spotlight and giving others the opportunity to grow as teachers, leaders, speakers, etc.
LOCATION: Brandywine Valley Church in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
- Ability to lead and teach students in large and small group settings.
- Ability to organize projects and events.
- Assist in planning, training and spiritual leadership of mission trips.
- Experienced worship leader is a plus but not required.
- Reports to Student Ministry Pastor.
- One year, with (ideally) a potential second year
- $20,000 annual stipend
- Housing provided with a host family
- He/she will also be taken to youth ministry conferences/training, and be given a full membership to the YMCA located next to our church.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Send the following to Matthew McNutt via email:
- Cover letter and references