When is it? GO Sunday is June 5 from 8am to 12pm, followed by a Celebration Service at 4pm.
When can I register? Registration opens Sunday, May 15. Select the type of GO Sunday project below and register. If you have trouble registering, stop by the GO Sunday table in the Lobby on Sundays and someone will help you. Or, feel free to call the office during the week at (302) 478-4255.
What type of work will we do and where? We’ve broken down the registration into three categories:
- GO out on your OWN – This registration option is for small groups/individuals/families that are planning their own unique serve project. This option gives you the most flexibility to serve as the Lord’s hands and feet in the community, as it allows you to design when, where and how you serve. You do not have to “GO on your Own” on GO Sunday (June 5) but we ask for you to tell us about your experience no matter what day you serve. See below GO on Your Own Project Examples.
- GO into the COMMUNITY – This registration option allows you to work with one of our Ministry Partners and local community organizations that need our help. Some of these projects require one to wear work clothes, comfortable shoes and have a willingness to get a little dirty. Please be sure to dress appropriately for the project you sign up for. Some projects have very limited capacity but they all need your help, so if your first preference is full, please choose another. See the projects below.
- GO in the CHURCH – These are projects that will be done in the church Fellowship Hall on GO Sunday. We designed these projects for those who cannot otherwise GO on Sunday. If this is you, please register below. (Each individual must register separately). See the projects below.
*Unless noted with an asterisk*, all projects are child and family-friendly.
GO out on your OWN Project Examples
- Host outdoor games for your neighbors.
- Sidewalk-chalk your street with encouraging notes.
- Make and deliver breakfast casseroles to neighbors.
- Make and deliver cards/gift bags to elderly neighbors.
- Organize a park clean-up.
- Organize a small project for a single mom on your block.
- Organize a yard sale with the proceeds going to charity.
- Go to a playground, hand out donuts & coffee, and engage in conversation.
- Contact a nursing home and do a small project for them.
- Make and deliver care bags for teachers at an elementary school.
GO into the COMMUNITY Projects
- Clean up of a city block around Sunday Breakfast Mission.
- Beautify the yard around the Urban Promise elementary school.
- Assist with yardwork at Ronald McDonald House.
- *Sort and organize donations for Friendship House.
- Spruce up rooms used for family meetings, creating an inviting atmosphere at Foster Well.
- *Provide a time of Worship and prayer for the advanced care group at Maris Grove.
- Pick up trash, spread gravel in batting cages, and paint dugouts at Naamans Little League.
GO in the CHURCH Projects
- A prayer room to pray for our GO teams and bringing people to Christ.
- Appreciation cards and care baskets will be made for first responders.
- No-sew blankets made for children at Nemours Children’s Hospital and nursing home residents.
- Shelf ready meals for Ronald McDonald House.
- Sorting donations for Handi-Vangelism, Broken Beginnings, Sunday Breakfast Mission and Urban Promise.
- Making School Kits for Operation Christmas Child.
- Color-a-Smile pages for nursing homes, veterans, and first responders.
Childcare is available on GO Sunday for children ages 2 and under (aka people too small to help). Children ages 3 and up are encouraged to serve with the rest of their family on GO Sunday. If you need childcare, please state this when registering. More information will be provided after you have registered.
- Register – Review all the different ways to GO on the GO Sunday webpage, and then register today! Please register no later than June 1.
- Continue to pray and prepare your heart to serve! Take time to memorize John 13:35 “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” Allow this verse to guide you as you think about how your life expresses God’s love in your everyday life.
- Please remember to donate items for use with GO Sunday Projects. See the donation list.
- Contact Laura Van Hees if you have any questions or need assistance registering.
GO Sunday Schedule
Below is the schedule for the day, to give you a better idea of the experience of GO Sunday:
- 8am Gather at Church (coffee, juice & breakfast/granola bars available)
- 8:30am Outdoor Worship Rally (prayer, devotion, song, final instructions, send-off)
- 9am Depart For Sites (teams will be at project sites 9:30-11:30am, depending on project location)
- 12pm Childcare Pick-Up (childcare for ages 2 & under, pre-registration required)
- 12pm Return home for lunch on your own and a time of rest
- 4pm Celebration Service (worship, testimonies and Rita’s Water Ice outside, weather permitting. Bring a Lawn Chair!)
GO Sunday Donations
Some the GO Sunday projects require donated supplies. Below are the needed items. Download a pdf of the donation list. Drop off your donations in the church Lobby by Sunday, My 29.
- Jars of peanut butter
- Jars of jelly
- Mint flavored chewing gum
- Meal bars (Atkins protein bar, Kelloggs Special K Protein Bar, Powerbar, etc.)
- Granola bars (Nature Valley, Quaker Chewy, Kind bars, etc.)
- Water bottles (disposable bottles)
- Individual energy drink mix
- Candy – hard candies or gummy candies that won’t melt
- Individually packaged snacks (popcorn, crackers, nuts, chips, pretzels, cookies, etc.)
- Beef jerky/sticks
PERSONAL CARE ITEMS
- Anti-bacterial pump hand soap
- Hand sanitizer (large and small bottles)
- Travel size toothpaste
- Travel size packages of wipes
- Baby wipes
- Men’s socks – any size
- Lip balm
- Throat lozenges
- Gallon Ziploc bags
- Rolls of masking tape
- Rolls of painters tape
- Brown paper lunch bags
- Popsicle sticks
- Playing cards