Explore Membership Class
In January 2020 we switched to a new four-week membership class. The next Explore Membership class meets weekly on Sunday from January 26 through February 16 at 9 a.m. downstairs in room 33C. No advanced registration is required to attend the class.
The What, Why & How of Membership
Membership is a public and formal commitment to a local church community; it enables you to grow as a Christian with a sense of connection, belonging, and purpose. Your expression of commitment includes service and support of the church’s mission and vision and a willingness to be accountable to the church and its leaders. With your commitment, the pastors, deacons, and congregation commit to care for, pray for, teach and personally counsel you. We also commit to being accountable to God and each other for how we lead you.
- A spiritual family to support and encourage you in your walk with Christ (Gal. 6:1-2; Heb. 10:24-25)
- A place to discover and use your gifts in ministry (1 Cor. 12:4-27)
- A place under spiritual protection of godly leaders (Heb. 13:17; Acts 20:28-29)
- The accountability you need to grow (Eph. 5:21)
- Salvation: A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Baptism: Believer’s baptism
- Completion of Explore Membership Class.