Our Mission Statement:
MOPS International exists to encourage, equip and develop every mother of preschoolers to realize her potential as a woman, mother and leader in the name of Jesus Christ.
MOPS International Faith Position Statement:
MOPS International is a Christian non-profit organization that believes in working with local Christian churches/parachurches to maximize ministry opportunities to God’s Kingdom. MOPS programs are chartered in churches of many different denominations and Christian traditions, but all share the common desire to reach out with the gospel of Jesus Christ and to bring glory to God in everything.
Churches/parachurches and individual MOPS ministry leaders must embrace and agree on the basic, orthodox truths of the Christian faith and the essential issues of salvation. We believe the Bible is the foundation for these truths. It is God’s Word, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, and is authoritative on all matters on which it speaks. MOPS International is committed to telling the truth of the saving work of Jesus Christ, of God’s grace to mankind, of the reality of the Trinity and the role of the Church in God’s plan for the world. These foundational Christian beliefs are reflected in many of the historic church creeds.
By agreeing with this statement of faith, a ministry leader is affirming that she too believes in the foundational truths of the Christian gospel. Because these beliefs are foundational to the ministry of MOPS International, we reserve the right to limit leadership positions to women who are of likeminded faith.
We Believe In:
- The only true God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4-5; Acts 17:24-28; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- The divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible in faith and practice (2 Peter 1:20-21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Psalm 119:9-11, 105; 1 Thessalonians 2:13).
- The full deity and humanity of Jesus Christ, who lived as a perfect example, who atoned for the sins of the world at the cross, who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as both Lord and Savior, and who will return in power and glory in the fullness of time to judge the living and the dead, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God (John 1:1, 14: Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 4:15; Isaiah 53:3-6; Acts 4:10-12; Matthew 26:63-64; 2 Timothy 4:1).
- The value and dignity of all humankind: originally created in God’s image to live in love and holiness, but who became alienated from God and each other because of sin and guilt, and who are justly subject to the judgment of God (Genesis 1:26-27; Colossians 1:21; John 12:47-48).
- The justification, by God’s grace, of all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation (Ephesians 2:8-10; John 3:16-17; Romans 4:4-5).
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling and transforming power the Christian is enabled to live out our new life and new calling to evangelism and discipleship of believers within the fellowship of the Church (John 16:7; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Galatians 5:22-23; Matthew 28:18-20).
- The spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender and class differences (John 17:20-23; Revelation 5:9).