Help a child succeed in school by donating school supplies. Sunday Breakfast Mission needs your help to prepare for its Annual Back To School Rally. Their goal is to send children in Kindergarten through 8th grade back to school with a backpack full of school supplies and a message of hope for the upcoming school year! Please note the school supply list is different than previous years and is based on requirements of local schools.
There are two ways you can donate to this drive:
- Drop off items in the church lobby on Sunday mornings from Sunday, July 12 to Sunday, August 2.
- Ship items directly to the Sunday Breakfast Mission, 110 N Poplar Street, Wilmington, DE 19801 Attn: Rev. Laymon and please include a note saying it is from “BVBC.”
- Make a financial donation. Select “Backpack Project” as the designator if giving online. If giving via a check, make the check payable to BVBC and write “backpack” on the memo line .
SCHOOL SUPPLIES LIST:
Composition books: wide and college-ruled
Crayons: 24-count pack
Erasers: single and pencil cap
Glue sticks and bottles (washable)
Individual Tissue Packs
Notebook paper: wide and college-ruled
Scissors: blunt and sharp
Spiral notebooks, one-subject: wide and college-ruled
BACK TO SCHOOL RALLY VOLUNTEERS
The Sunday Breakfast Mission will distribute the school supplies at their Back to School Rally on August 8. Volunteers are needed to help on this day in two ways:
1. Pray with students who express an interest in learning more about Jesus and His salvation after hearing Pastor Laymon’s gospel message.
2. Hand out school supplies to students.
Presuming the Rally occurs as scheduled, volunteers will meet at the Sunday Breakfast Mission at 8:00 a.m. for prayer and set up. The Rally is 9 a.m. to noon. If you are interested in volunteering in either of these roles please contact Herb Schrock via email or phone 484-574-9669.