INSTRUCTIONS FOR RECORDING YOUR CHOIR PART FOR BRANDYWINE’S VIRTUAL EASTER CHOIR!
Our virtual choir song this Easter is “Hallelujah, Salvation, and Glory (He is Wonderful),” which is a classic, a cappella, gospel song by an unknown composer (public domain song). There are four SATB voice parts that all layer on top of one another to create a glorious chorus celebrating the glory and power of Jesus for Resurrection Sunday!
Watch this video before proceeding:
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PARTICIPATE:
- A device that has a microphone and camera for video recording (smartphone, laptop, computer, etc.)
- Another device with headphone jack from which you can play the instructional video from the website (again, smartphones, laptops, etc.)
- Headphones or earbuds
- Downloaded song sheet for your voice part (see links below)
- Instructional video for your voice part (see links below)
- A joyful, tuned voice and a happy, smiling face! 🙂
PREPARE FOR VIDEO RECORDING:
Download the lyric sheet for your voice part and click on the instructional video below to learn and practice your voice part first! Do not record until you are confident in your part and can sing without being buried in the lyrics!
- Sopranos (lyric sheet and soprano instructional video)
- Altos (lyric sheet and alto instructional video)
- Tenors (lyric sheet and tenor instructional video)
- Basses (lyric sheet and bass instructional video)
RECORD YOUR VIDEO:
In order for all singers to be synced in the final virtual choir video, you will need to sing along with the instructional video for your voice part while you are recording yourself singing. There are other options for techy folk, but the easiest way to proceed is to use both an internet-connected computer/laptop and a smartphone that can record videos (or two smartphones if you live with someone who is willing to share!):
- Plug your headphones into your internet-connected computer/laptop (or smartphone) and play the instructional video from the website through the headset
- Use another device like your smartphone (or laptop, etc.) with microphone to record your video while singing along with the instructional video
The instructional video will be playing your exact pitches and the exact tempo on clicktrack that our sound producer will need to sync up everyone’s videos. Your recording does not need to be studio perfect, but try to match pitches and tempo with the instructional video – and sing with enthusiasm and smiles! We should only be able to hear your voice in your final recording (we cannot accept videos in which we can also hear the click track/metronome or instructional audio).
Videos are due by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1 – no late submissions can be accepted! Send your video to Matt Kelley at [email protected]. Please label your video with your name and your recorded voice part. (i.e. “Larisa Forest – alto”)
For those with extra time and ambition, once you have recorded and sent in your own vocal part recording, feel free to learn another vocal part in your range and record an extra video or two for us to add to the choral sound! (i.e. altos, feel free to try out the tenor or soprano parts!)