The Brandywine Kids’ ministry meets on Sundays at 9:00am and 10:30am. Find available classes below for infants – 5th grade.
Our goal is that by the end of fifth grade, Brandywine Kids will: KNOW! Be introduced to Jesus Christ and will be given the opportunity to make a personal decision to follow Him. GROW! Demonstrate a personal relationship with God and apply biblical truths to life. GO! Understand the importance of experiencing God through worshiping and through serving. Be given the opportunity to worship and serve God on a regular basis.
Under 2 years
In Nursery Worship, your child will be lovingly cared for by incredible leaders who understand that little ones can experience the love of God through sweet moments of playful interaction, fun songs and simple Bible stories. Meaningful lessons each month are focused around three truths: God loves them, made them, and wants to be their forever friend.
Please note: Nursery kids should only bring the minimum of needed items in a small bag. Each item in the bag must be labeled. Diapers and wipes are provided in rooms. Children should not bring any personal toys or snacks in to the room with them.
2 years – Kindergartern
Preschoolers love to discover new things! That’s why we provide fun, interactive learning experiences in an engaging environment where your child can learn about Jesus. Classes are split by ages: two-year-olds (Blue Group), three-year-olds (Green Group), four-year-olds (Orange Group), and kindergarteners (purple group). At 9am the children are taught from the Bible in Life curriculum. At 10:30 children have play time at educational centers followed by a 20-minute Lil’K video (2-4 year olds) or a What’s in the Bible video (kindergarten). Check out our Preschool Videos archive!
1st – 5th Grade
Elementary children are ready to tackle deeper topics so our Sunday classes are designed to challenge them. At 9am the kids start all together for a time of worship (music) and a lesson from Brite curriculum. Then they break into grade-level groups to discuss the lesson in depth. At 10:30am kids join their parents in the sanctuary for the first part of the Worship Service. Prior to the start of the sermon, the kids are dismissed for Worship Training where they focus on why and how we worship God. Check out our Elementary Videos Archive!
3 yrs – 5th Grade
Awana is a fun club with the goal of making resilient disciples through learning God’s Word and building relationships. Awana Clubs provide an environment where kids can memorize and understand scripture, be encouraged by awesome leaders, and participate in large group lessons and engaging games and activities.
Our Awana year runs from September 7, 2022 through May 24, 2023. This year, we will be offering both “In-Person Awana” in the church building AND “At-Home Awana” in your house.
Registration for 2022-23 Awana will open Thursday, July 28, 2022.
Time: 6:30-8:00 pm
Location: Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
- Loving Awana leaders to guide you
- Recite handbook sections/Bible verses to your leader
- Begins on September 7, 2022 (Parent Meeting – September 7, come with your child to Awana)
- Concludes on May 24, 2023 with the Awana Award Ceremony
- Awana does not meet on the following dates due to holidays: November 23; December 14; December 21; December 28; April 5, 2023; and April 12, 2023.
- Handbook Time, Large Group, Activity &/or Game Time
- You’ll receive a uniform, handbook, and lots of awards!
- Theme nights – some dress up nights (crazy hat) or service projects (canned goods), etc.
Day: Any day of the week
Time: Any time
Location: At your home
- Your own parents to guide you
- Recite handbook sections/Bible verses to your parents
- Phone and email encouragement from an Awana leader
- Begin around September 7, 2022 (Parent Meeting – TBD via Zoom)
- Join us in the building for the Awana Award Ceremony on May 24, 2023
- Independent Handbook Time, optional video lessons, leader support
- Join the posted theme nights and share your pictures on Facebook!
- At-Home Awana Resources:
In addition to the Awana book each child receives, Awana offers additional resources to enhance the child’s book experience. You can download audio files of the memory verses and/or the story from book. Go to the Awana website, then select the book your child is using and download an MP3 or MP4 file. The Awana book provides instructions of when an audio file is available to enhance your child’s experience. For example: Listen to track 25 to find out what happens.
Awana consists of three groups:
WHEN: July 25-29, 9:00am-noon
WHO: 5th grade and younger