Giving financially acknowledges God as the owner of everything – including our money. The act of giving places God above all our priorities on this earth. The way we manage our resources of time, talents and treasure is a measure of where our hearts are before the Lord. “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:21). In 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, we are instructed to give in the spirit of bountiful, heart-felt generosity. For some, a tithe of 10% is as generous as they can be. Bountiful, heart-felt generosity for others can mean much more. When we give, we bring glory to God and fuel the great commission of spreading the Good News.
Ways to Give
While you’re attending services at Brandywine, you can use the offering boxes near the doors of the Sanctuary. Giving Envelopes are available if you prefer, for your cash or check gift.
You can also always drop off your donation at the church or mail a check addressed to:
Brandywine Valley Church
ATTN: Financial Department
7 Mount Lebanon Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
Online giving is the easiest way to give at Brandywine – either through our website or on your phone! Through the Give Now link or through the Brandywine App, with the click of a button, you can:
- Schedule recurring gifts (debit/credit card/electronic check/banking account/online bill payment). Recurring Giving Setup Instructions
- Review your giving history
- Update your contact information
** Brandywine Valley Church discourages the irresponsible use of credit cards. We offer the opportunity to donate by credit card as a convenience to those who manage their finances in a God-honoring way.
Did you know you can donate non-cash gifts like stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other policies? You can donate non-cash gifts like:
- Marketable Securities: transfer ownership of your stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares.
- Life Insurance: name Brandywine Valley Church as a beneficiary of your policy.
- Planned Gifts: give via retirement assets, bequests, trusts, etc. as part of your overall personal financial strategy.
If you have questions about any of these types of giving, please contact us.
You may specify how much of your giving goes to each of these funds. Donations that do not have specific instructions are placed into our General Fund.
- General Fund – This fund holds all of our ministries’ budgets. The fund is also used for staff salaries, day-to-day operation and upkeep of the church facility.
- Building: Campus Improvement Fund – This fund provides for additional improvements for the church building and property.
- Missions – This fund supports church-sponsored missionaries and missions projects.
- Love In Action – This benevolence fund allows us to help people who are experiencing financial emergencies.
- Staff Love Gift – This offering is taken in December as a gift to our staff.
- Faith Promise – This is an offering taken annually during missions month for a special mission’s project.
- Memorial Gift – This gift is given in memory of a person who has died.
- Special Designated Gift – This fund is used for a special occasion / giving opportunity
To give to multiple funds, for example the general fund, love in action or missions, a separate transaction needs to be made for each of the fund’s gift.