These are a few ways to financially give to Brandywine Valley Baptist Church:
- Mobile giving (credit/debit card)
- Online giving (credit/debit card or ACH – one-time or repeating)
- Online bill payment service
- By mail (checks)
- Drop off (cash or checks)
- On Sundays (cash or checks)
- Gifts of stock, bonds and mutual funds
- Donate via AmazonSmile
Ways to Give
Mobile Giving – Mobile giving allows you to make a one-time donation using your credit/debit card. This option is designed to be mobile friendly and easy-to-use on a mobile device. Please keep in mind if you use a credit/debit card, BVBC will incur a transaction fee up to 3% of the gift. If you have problems using this platform please review the FAQs.
Online Giving – Online giving allows you to give a one-time donation or create a repeating gift using your credit/debit card or your checking account (ACH). Please keep in mind if you use a credit/debit card, BVBC will incur a transaction fee up to 3% of the gift. If the gift is given from your checking account, the fees are minimal. Give now.
Sign in to online giving (you will be directed to a third party website). You will need to have a login to MyBrandywine to utilize online giving. If you do not have a login, sign up for an account. For instructions of how to set-up your online giving view the instructional video.
Online Bill Payment Service– If your bank provides online bill payment service, you can add Brandywine Valley Baptist Church as a payee. This safe and secure option can help you remain faithful in your giving even when you are out of town or unable to attend a weekly service. This service may carry a fee, so be sure to check your bank’s policies.
By Mail – Gifts of checks can be mailed to:
Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
Attn: Financial Department
7 Mt. Lebanon Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
Drop Off – Gifts of cash or checks can be hand-delivered to the church’s office during our regular office hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
On Sundays – Gifts of cash or checks can be placed in the offering plates during any worship service. Checks are to be made payable to “Brandywine Valley Baptist Church.” For convenience, we can supply offering envelopes. Using these envelopes enables you to designate the fund(s) you are giving to and also ensures that we can provide you with proper documentation for tax purposes. To request envelopes and envelope number at the Welcome Desk or contact the church office.
Gifts of Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds- In order to process your gifts of securities, please contact the financial office at the church. We would be happy to assist you with the required information.
Opportunities to Give
1. General Fund – This fund holds all of our ministries’ budgets. The fund is also used for staff salaries, day-to-day operation and upkeep of the church facility.
2. Building Fund / Debt Reduction – This fund is used to reduce the church’s debt. Included in this fund are our mortgage reduction plan, Pillar of Fire, Next Steps, and Keeping in Step with the Spirit campaigns.
3. Missions – This fund supports BVBC-sponsored missionaries and missions projects.
4. Love In Action – This benevolence fund allows us to help people who are experiencing financial emergencies.
5. Staff Love Gift – This offering is taken in December as a gift to our staff.
6. Faith Promise – This is an offering taken annually for a special mission’s project.
7. Memorial Gift – This gift is giving in memory of a person who has died.
8. Special Designated – This fund is used for a special occasion / giving opportunity.
You may specify how much of your giving goes to each of these funds. Donations that do not have specific instructions are placed into our General Fund.
Giving financially acknowledges God as the owner of everything – including our money. The act of giving places God above all our priorities on this earth. The way we manage our resources of time, talents and treasure is a measure of where our hearts are before the Lord. “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:21). In 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, we are instructed to give in the spirit of bountiful, heart-felt generosity. For some, a tithe of 10% is as generous as they can be. Bountiful, heart-felt generosity for others can mean much more. When we give, we bring glory to God and fuel the great commission of spreading the Good News.
If you still have questions, or would like any of this information further explained, please do not hesitate to contact us at 302-478-4255.