These are a few ways to financially give to Brandywine Valley Baptist Church:
- Online giving (credit/ACH, one-time or recurring)
- Online bill payment service
- Cash or checks
- Gifts of stock, bonds and mutual funds
- Donate via AmazonSmile
Online Giving – Online giving allows you to give a one-time donation or a recurring gift via credit/debit card or banking account (ACH). Please keep in mind if you use a credit/debit card, the church incurs a transaction fee of 2.2% of the gift. If the gift is given from your banking account, the fees are minimal. To give to multiple funds, for example the general fund, love in action or debt reduction, a separate transaction needs to be made for each of the fund’s gift. Give now. View instructions of how to setup recurring giving.
Online Bill Payment Service – If your bank provides online bill payment service, you can add Brandywine Valley Baptist Church as a payee. This safe and secure option can help you remain faithful in your giving even when you are out of town or unable to attend a weekly service. This service may carry a fee, so be sure to check your bank’s policies.
Cash and Checks –
- Please make checks payable to: Brandywine Valley Baptist Church.
- On Sundays, cash or checks can be placed in the offering boxes near the doors as you exit the Sanctuary.
- Donations can be hand-delivered to the church’s office during regular business hours Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Checks can be mailed to: Brandywine Valley Baptist Church / Attn: Financial Department / 7 Mt. Lebanon Road / Wilmington, DE 19803. Please do not mail cash.
- For convenience, we can supply offering envelopes. Using these envelopes enables you to designate the fund(s) you are giving to and also ensures that we can provide you with proper tax documentation. To request offering envelopes contact the church office.
Gifts of Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds – In order to process your gifts of securities, please contact the financial office at the church. We would be happy to assist you with the required information.
1. General Fund – This fund holds all of our ministries’ budgets. The fund is also used for staff salaries, day-to-day operation and upkeep of the church facility.
2. Building Fund / Debt Reduction – This fund is used to reduce the church’s debt.
3. Missions – This fund supports BVBC-sponsored missionaries and missions projects.
4. Love In Action – This benevolence fund allows us to help people who are experiencing financial emergencies.
5. Staff Love Gift – This offering is taken in December as a gift to our staff.
6. Faith Promise – This is an offering taken annually during missions month for a special mission’s project.
7. Memorial Gift – This gift is giving in memory of a person who has died.
8. Special Designation – This fund is used for a special occasion / giving opportunity.
You may specify how much of your giving goes to each of these funds. Donations that do not have specific instructions are placed into our General Fund.
Giving financially acknowledges God as the owner of everything – including our money. The act of giving places God above all our priorities on this earth. The way we manage our resources of time, talents and treasure is a measure of where our hearts are before the Lord. “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:21). In 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, we are instructed to give in the spirit of bountiful, heart-felt generosity. For some, a tithe of 10% is as generous as they can be. Bountiful, heart-felt generosity for others can mean much more. When we give, we bring glory to God and fuel the great commission of spreading the Good News.
If you have questions, please contact us.