What’s GO Sunday 2022?
GO Sunday is a day of local mobilization where we will serve our community. We will demonstrate God’s love in practical ways through meeting the needs within our community and city.
When: GO Sunday is June 5 from 8am to 12pm, followed by a Celebration Service at 4pm.
Where: Throughout our Wilmington, Delaware communities and the surrounding area
Why: Simple acts of personal kindness can open hearts to the love of Jesus for both those being served and those serving.
When can I register? Registration is open May 15-June 1, 2022. Select the type of GO Sunday project below and register.
What type of work will we do and where? We’ve broken down the registration into three categories:
- GO out on your OWN – This registration option is for small groups/individuals/families that are planning their own unique serve project. This option gives you the most flexibility to serve as the Lord’s hands and feet in the community, as it allows you to design when, where and how you serve. See below GO on Your Own Project Examples.
- GO into the COMMUNITY – This registration option allows you to work with one of our Ministry Partners and local community organizations. Some of these projects require a willingness to get a little dirty. Please be sure to dress appropriately for the project. See the projects below.
- GO in the CHURCH – These are projects that will be done in the church Fellowship Hall on GO Sunday. We designed these projects for those who cannot otherwise GO on Sunday. See the projects below.
*Unless noted with an asterisk*, all projects are child and family-friendly.
GO Sunday 2022 Schedule
Below is the schedule for the day, to give you a better idea of the experience of GO Sunday:
- 8am Gather at Church (coffee, juice & breakfast/granola bars available)
- 8:30am Outdoor Worship Rally (prayer, devotion, song, final instructions, send-off). Bring a lawn chair!
- 9am Depart For Sites (teams will be at project sites 9:30-11:30am, depending on project location)
- 12pm Childcare Pick-Up (childcare for ages 2 & under, pre-registration required)
- 12pm Return home for lunch on your own and a time of rest
- 4pm Celebration Service (worship, testimonies and Rita’s Water Ice outside. Bring a chair!)
GO Your OWN Project Examples
- Host outdoor games for your neighbors.
- Sidewalk-chalk your street with encouraging notes.
- Make and deliver breakfast casseroles to neighbors.
- Make and deliver cards/gift bags to elderly neighbors.
- Organize a park clean-up.
- Organize a small project for a single mom on your block.
- Organize a yard sale with the proceeds going to charity.
- Go to a playground, hand out donuts & coffee, and engage in conversation.
- Contact a nursing home and do a small project for them.
- Make and deliver care bags for teachers at an elementary school.
GO COMMUNITY Projects
2023 Project information coming soon
GO CHURCH Projects
2023 Projct information coming soon.