Lead Preschool Teacher
LOCATION: Brandywine Valley Christian Preschool (BVCP) in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
HOURS: Part-Time, 8:30am-1:45pm. This is a part-time position (approximately 5.5 hours a day with 3 hours of planning per week) paid on an hourly schedule. We do not provide health benefits.
Brandywine Valley Christian Preschool is seeking a qualified early childhood teachers for our 5-day and 3-days programs.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to…
- Arrange a warm and welcoming classroom environment in accordance with program goals and philosophy.
- Interact and engage with students in a positive and supportive manner.
- Support and facilitate developmentally appropriate activities and learning experiences.
- Work cooperatively with teachers and staff in/out of the classroom.
- Document and assess student development and progress.
- Complies with contract and state guidelines set forth by the DE Office of Child Care and Licensing.
- A person who has an intimate relationship with Christ and who is consistently attending a Bible-believing church.
- A minimum of 9 credits in Early Childhood Education or child development, or has completed Training for Early Childhood Education 1 and 2 (TECE 1 and 2) or CDA Gold Standard Comprehensive certification.
- Teaching experience.
- Ability to meet all the conditions as set forth by the state of Delaware.
- Agrees with, and is willing to work in compliance with Brandywine Valley Church’s Statement of Faith and Marriage policy.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- CPR/First Aid, “Administration of Medication,” “Health and Safety Training for Child Care Professionals” trained.
- Fingerprinting before employment begins at BVCP.
- Comprehensive background checks are to be completed.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Send resume and cover letter to Kerri Wodzinski.