VBS is still happening in 2020! It just will look a bit different! Concrete and Cranes VBS would have been held in our building July 27-31 this year. Instead, we are saving that VBS for 2021.
To find out what is happening for VBS this year, watch this video from Kristi Pullig and Rochelle Anderson.
This summer, in July, we’ll be using a quarantine-friendly VBS called BOLT. With minimal preparation, easy-to-follow instructions, and a video that leads you and your kids step-by-step through each of the 3 days, BOLT is designed for you to perform with your family (or with other families) at home. It’s so simple!
During BOLT, your family will participate in fun games that illustrate what it means to listen to, focus on, and follow Jesus. Depending on your pace, you can expect that each day’s experience will last about an hour and a half. It’s great for kids age 4 and up. Even middle and high school kids can enjoy it!
There’s something else we’re really excited about—this could also be an amazing outreach opportunity. If you feel comfortable gathering with more people, you can invite as many neighbors, friends and family to your house for BOLT as you would like. It’s such an easy and fun way to share the good news of Jesus with our community. You don’t need to have your own kids to host the event!
Please join us as we seek to introduce kids to Jesus and help them follow Him! Our goal is to have BOLT VBS happening in at least 100 homes this July. If you would like to host others in your backyard or do this with just your own family, please complete the corresponding registration form. You will receive a free t-shirt for hosting (on a first come basis).
We’ll be sending you more information once you register. In the meantime, get your family and neighbors excited about BOLT. This is going to be SO MUCH FUN! Registration deadline is Tuesday, June 30.
Requirements for Hosting Your Neighbors:
- Pick one adult from your household who is a BVBC member or regular attender to serve as the “host.” This adult needs to attend and oversee the safety of your event. It is fine to have another adult or teen to lead activities.
- The host must have an active background check on file at BVBC. If you do not have a current one on file, please complete the background check authorization form. You can print it, complete it, and bring it to church during office hours or mail it to BVBC 7 Mt. Lebanon Rd., Wilmington, DE 19803.
- The host should wear the provided t-shirt which identifies our church for all three days of the event.
- When registering, you will be asked to name the “host” for your household.
- By agreeing to host, you are agreeing to uphold the doctrine, beliefs, and teachings of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church. If you have any questions about this, please contact Kristi Pullig or visit our website.
Beginning on Wednesday, July 1, families who have signed up for BOLT VBS can pick up their bag of VBS supplies from church on Sunday mornings or weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If you are picking up on a weekday, please ring the buzzer at the office door to be let into the building. Go into the Lobby and head to the front doors. There is a table with bags for those hosting VBS for neighbors and those holding VBS for their family. Pick up the appropriate bag and then leave via the front doors of the church. If you have any questions, please contact the church office at 302-478-4255. The church office is closed on Friday, July 3 in honor of Independence Day.
Questions? Call the Children’s Ministry Office at (302)478-4255 or email Kristi Pullig, Director of Children’s Ministry.